Scholarships of 2016-2017
We recognize it takes a combination of both hard work and educational funding for most students to achieve their goals. The scholarships Program’s purpose is to recognize students registered in a bachelor's degree program at a school or faculty of engineering in Québec.
NEW GENERATION SCHOLARSHIPS worth $3,000 each will be awarded to qualified students enrolled at a college or universityP in Québec.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
If you are applying for this Scholarship of the Future you must:
- Fill out the scholarship application form;
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- Have been residing in Québec for at least one year;
- Be a member of the Student Section of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Be enrolled in a full-time engineering program at a school or faculty in Québec that is recognized by the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) as giving access to the permit issued by the OIQ (see Appendix A of this document to view the list of degrees and educational establishments recognized by the OIQ);
- Previous scholarship recipients cannot reapply.
Along with the duly filled and signed application form you must also submit:
- A proof of citizenship or permanent residency in Canada (proving residency in Québec over the last year);
- A proof of enrolment in a recognized university or college (please provide an official confirmation from the registrar proving enrolment and registration in the engineering program of your choice);
- Your most recent grade point average at university as well as your most recent transcript;
- A curriculum vitæ (indicating various jobs held and extracurricular activities);
- A letter supporting your candidacy written by a third party (teacher, employer, coach) highlighting your academic prowess and providing examples of your leadership skills;
- A description of a project led while studying (give some examples showing your leadership potential, social involvement) – maximum 800 words).
- Excellent academic record
- Quality of the text and presentation
- Professionalism (Personal values demonstrated by the project presented in the file. Integrity, respect for others, etc.)
- Leadership, involvement, social commitment
The applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by a committee consisting of professional engineers based on assessment of information provided. Incomplete applications or applications that do not meet eligibility criteria will not be considered for this scholarship.
Scholarship award and payment to recipients
- Scholarships will be awarded in March 2017.
- With all conditions met, scholarship recipients will be officially advised by email.
- Scholarship recipients chosen will have to provide a continuing registration proof in a recognized engineering program at a university at this date.
- Payment will be made in one instalment.
The deadline is November 30th 2016. The deadline is the date after which applications will no longer be accepted. The Foundation uses the postmarked date to determine mailed entries.
CHANGES TO THE PROGRAM
The conditions of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec Foundation Scholarships Program may be amended at any time as to the value of the scholarships and the rules described on this website.
Note:Students’ personal information is used for the only purpose of verifying eligibility, selecting successful candidates, and processing the scholarship payment.
Degrees and educational establishments recognized by the OIQ.
List diplomas recognized under 1.21 of the
Regulation respecting the diplomas issued by designated teaching establishments which give access to permits or specialist's certificates of professional orders..
Please send your application to:
Foundation Scholarships Committee
Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec Foundation
1100 av. des Canadiens-de-Montréal
Montreal (Québec) H3B 2S2
Tel.: 514 845-6141, # 3121
1 800 461-6141