The Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec Foundation
encourages the next generation of engineers
That is why forty scholarships worth $3,000 each will be given to students enrolled in an bachelor's degree program at a school or faculty of engineering in Québec.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- Have been domiciled in Québec for at least one year;
- Be a member of the Student Section of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Be eligible for the Québec government's student loan and scholarship program
- Fill out the scholarship application form;
- Be enrolled in a full-time engineering program at a school or faculty in Québec that is recognized by the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) as giving access to the permit issued by the OIQ (see Appendix A of this document to view the list of degrees and educational establishments recognized by the OIQ);
- Provide a description of a project that you completed as part of your education program (give an example that shows your leadership and social commitment) - maximum 800 words;
- Submit all required documents by the scholarship application deadline, which includes:
- The duly completed scholarship application form;
- A proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency (applicants must prove that they have resided in Québec for at least one year);
- A proof of full-time enrolment at an eligible institution (provide an attestation from the office of the registrar confirming your admission and enrolment in the chosen program);
- For students in the first session of their university program, provide your R score from CEGEP and a transcript from your last year of CEGEP. For students in the second session of their university program, provide your grade point average at university as well as your most recent transcript. For students who have earned 30 credits or more, your most recent transcript will suffice;
- A proof of eligibility for the Québec government's student loan and scholarship program (If you do not have a file with this program, use the assessment simulator on the Web site and submit the results with your application);
- A curriculum vitæ (indicating the various jobs you have held and your extracurricular activities);
- A letter supporting your application from a third person (parents, teacher, coach, etc.).
- Your 800-word essay.
Please send your application to:
Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec Foundation
Secretariat of the Jury
1100 avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal
Montreal (Québec) H3B 2S2
Tel.: 514 845-6141, extension 3182
1 800 461-6141
- Excellent academic record
- Quality of the text and presentation
- Leadership, involvement, social commitment
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT SELECTION PROCESS
The files from applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be analyzed on the basis of the evaluation criteria mentioned above by a selection committee made up of eight engineers.
PRESENTATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS AND METHOD OF PAYMENT TO SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
The scholarships will be awarded in March 2014 during an official ceremony. The scholarship recipients chosen by the selection committee will have to prove that they are still enrolled in an eligible engineering program on that date. For students who have accumulated less than 30 credits, the payment will be made in two installments: 25% upon receipt of the scholarship, 75% upon enrolment in the second year of the bachelor's program.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
One copy of the enclosed scholarship application form must be submitted by no later than November 29, 2013. Only complete application files will be kept for review by the jury members.
CHANGES TO THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM RULES
The Foundation reserves the right to make changes, without advance notice, to the value of the university scholarships and program rules described in this document.
Degrees and educational establishments recognized by the OIQ. List diplomas recognized under 1.21 of the
Regulation respecting the diplomas issued by designated teaching establishments which give access to permits or specialist's certificates of professional orders..