The Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec Foundation
encourages the next generation of engineers
That is why forty scholarships worth $3,000 each will be given to students enrolled in a bachelor's degree program at a school or faculty of engineering in Québec.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Fill out the scholarship application form
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- Have been domiciled in Québec for at least one year;
- Be a member of the Student Section of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Be enrolled in a full-time engineering program at a school or faculty in Québec that is recognized by the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) as giving access to the permit issued by the OIQ (see Appendix A of this document to view the list of degrees and educational establishments recognized by the OIQ);
- For students with 30 credits or less: Write an essay with a maximum of 500 words on the subject of "The contribution of engineers to society";
- For student with 31 credits or more: Provide a description of a project that you completed as part of your academic program (give examples showing your leadership and social commitment) - maximum 800 words;
- Submit all required documents by the scholarship application deadline, which includes:
- The duly completed and signed scholarship application form;
- A proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency;
- A proof of residedency in Québec for at least one year;
- A proof of full-time enrolment at an eligible institution (provide an attestation from the office of the registrar confirming your admission and enrolment in the chosen engineering program);
- For students with 30 credits or less: provide your R score from CEGEP and a transcript from your last year of CEGEP;
- For students with 31 credits or more: provide your grade point average at university as well as your most recent transcript;
- A curriculum vitæ (indicating the various jobs you have held and your extracurricular activities);
- A letter supporting your application from a third person (parents, teacher, coach, etc.);
- Your essay: "The contribution of engineers to society" for students with 30 credits or less OR a description of a university project for students with 31 credits or more.
Only students who obtained a Scholarship for the Future in the first year of their university program or at CEGEP may receive this same scholarship a second time.
Please send your application to:
Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec Foundation
Secretariat of the Jury
1100 avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal
Montreal (Québec) H3B 2S2
Tel.: 514 845-6141, extension 3121
1 800 461-6141
- Excellent academic record
- Quality of the text and presentation
- Professionalism (Personal values demonstrated by the project presented in the file. Integrity, respect for others, etc.)
- Leadership, involvement, social commitment
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT SELECTION PROCESS
The files from applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be analyzed on the basis of the evaluation criteria mentioned above by a selection committee made up of eight engineers.
PRESENTATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS AND METHOD OF PAYMENT TO SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
The scholarships will be awarded in March 2016 during an official ceremony. The scholarship recipients chosen by the selection committee will have to prove that they are still enrolled in an eligible engineering program on that date. For students who have accumulated 30 credits or less, the payment will be made in two installments: 25% upon receipt of the scholarship, 75% upon enrolment in the second year of the bachelor's program.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
One copy of the enclosed scholarship application form must be submitted by no later than November 26, 2015.
Only complete application files will be reviewed by the jury members.
CHANGES TO THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM RULES
The Foundation reserves the right to make changes, without advance notice, to the value of the university scholarships and program rules described in this document.
Degrees and educational establishments recognized by the OIQ. List diplomas recognized under 1.21 of the
Regulation respecting the diplomas issued by designated teaching establishments which give access to permits or specialist's certificates of professional orders..